Friday, August 27, 2010

Feedback and New directions II

When I presented my key findings to the client, they added a few more, which included restraint. They also said that I should get more familiar with the way they handle their clients and about how they like their clients to trust them completely and they tell them what to do unlike ad agencies where what the client says is considered true.
These elements of course do not need to come into the logo, but they need to come out in the whole branding.

We decided that we will keep the logo the consistent element in all the applications, and everything else can really be "out there".

Contrast was decided to be the key word that would be worked with to create the positioning of the firm. Again, we tried to find other design firms who had interesting logos, and were surprised to find that most of them had a plain, neutral, minimal logo type. Here the discussion went to hand writings and the starry "k". Here I happened to mention to Dev that my review panel thought that his signature would make a whimsical identity, and he decided to give it a try.

I am unsure about it, but I think the starry K idea has been fixed upon. I have to wait for Dev to give me his version of the K, since it is from his signature, ideally he should do it. I will then contrast it with a bold typeface.

Currently, I am staying away from the logo for a while. It is really time for me to put my head into the whole brand and consider how everything is going to be applied and where will the visual inspiration come from.

My head is usually brimming with the wildest ideas, but now that I have been asked to go wild, I find myself coming up with the sanest solutions. How very ironic.

No comments:

Post a Comment