There are a lot of things that affected my decision making
- General considerations such as stroke variation, width, weight, scale, form.
- Legibility vs. readability vs. recognisable symbol.
- How can the type be flowing into the each other, and yet be distinguishable?
- What can be done to make sure that the 'd' does not look like a 'c'?
- If a serif, then it should be one which does not disappear when scaled down
- The brackets of the serifs should not be rounded, but more angular.
- Each initial needs to be given equal importance, and needs to provide a linear eye movement. This eliminated possibilities of exploring design principles such as hierarchy and visual anchor.
- How recognisable is a typeface? Is there a need to alter an existing typeface or create a new one?
- Is there a typeface which is used extensively in the current logo trend? Can it be avoided, or treated differently?
Today, a little apprehensive but nonetheless I had a meeting with Rashmi and Dev. I will be putting up the feedback shortly.